SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY
Primary objective of this position is to lead, participate in or support software development to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals for our client’s software systems.
- Apply technical expertise, commensurate with formal training and extensive experience, to develop software.
- Utilize technical knowledge to architect and implement products.
- Develop projects by working alone or technically leading an engineering team.
- Participate in the design and development of software systems to meet quality, feature, and scheduling objectives.
- Design, code, test, debug, and release software using the documented software development processes.
- Lead or contribute to the refinement of the software architecture for current and future products.
- Provide technical support to project team members.
- Interact with other functional groups and customers regarding technical issues on a regular basis.
- Facilitate communication between Software Engineering and other functional groups.
- Work with outside consultants and experts.
- Prepare or contribute to detailed project plans that may exceed a year.
- Evaluate product requirements and document software requirements for a given project and provide support in the review of that document.
- Prepare detailed schedules for their own assignments and assist junior engineers in the scheduling of their tasks.
- Peer Code reviews and software testing will be used to measure technical skills.
- Feedback from others in the group or customers.
- Achieve goals and schedules for projects.
- Communication skills as determined by manager and peer reviews.
- Leadership and organizational skills as determined by manager and project success.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field is required.
- Master’s Degree is desired.
- 7+ years of professional experience in software engineering or closely related field required; or
- 5+ years of professional experience required with a Masters; or
- 2+ years of professional experience required with a PhD.
Knowledge / Technical Requirements
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Principles
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming.
- Working knowledge of core XML Technologies
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of Version Control
- Experience driving, defining, and implementing process improvements is desired
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent technical writing skills required.